Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wednesday, May 27th, 2015


Good afternoon CLB 7/8,

This afternoon, you will be working on a few different tasks.  First, I would like you look at your notes from the presentation you selected this morning.  Using your notes, I would like to record yourself retelling the directions or instructions you heard. I would also like you offer some constructive feedback about what you heard.  Please consider these questions: 

  1. Were the instructions/directions clear?
  2. Could you follow all of the steps?
  3. Would you add or change anything? 
Please use 'Clarity Recorder' which is installed on every computer in the lab. You can record yourself.  Click on the icon and record yourself.  You can save the file as an MP3 and then email it to me.  Please include your name and date in the file name.  For example: Kim270515.mp3.  Jason or I can help you with this if you have trouble.

Next, I would like you to record one of the jokes the jokes that I gave you on Monday. Please use Clarity Recorder again and give your file a name like: Kimjoke2470515.mp3

Please email your two MP3 files to me.  

Finally, I would like you take the POSE Test to check your skills at sentence stress and intonation. It's your choice whether you would like to save your results or not.  You will see this screen when you click on the link 'Take the POSE Test.'



Click 'yes' and enter your information to save your result or click 'no' to just try the test without saving your answers.   Please try the following parts: Intonation 1, Intonation 2, Sentence Stress 1, and Sentence Stress 2


Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment