Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016

Good afternoon CLB 7/8,

This afternoon, I'd like you practice your paraphrasing skills.  Last week, you learned about paraphrasing in speaking with Erica when I was sick.  You practiced paraphrasing quotations and statements from the text.  Today, I'd like you to paraphrase what you hear.  

I'd like you to listen to a podcast from the BBC 6 Minute English website.  You can choose any topic that you like. You can listen as many times as you like and/or need, but I' like to hear you paraphrase what you've heard in your own words. 

BBC 6 Minute English

After you've listened to your podcast, please record your oral paraphrase using one of the recording tools on your computer.  Then, email your recording to me.  


Here's a website where you can find some more practice for sentence level stress.  


Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment