Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014

Good afternoon CLB 7/8,

Since we can all use a little practice talking about graphs and charts, I'm going to collect some data from you to create my own graphs and charts.  Then, next Monday, I'll present my graphs and charts and show you what I mean about analyzing rather than describing.

Please answer the five questions from my Google Form. This will be the basis of my data.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZO7KBQPG2r294X5C7gGOhMCAKJbqj8rxcm027B0xd9g/viewform?usp=send_form

Once you've completed the survey, I'd like you to continue working on your note taking and summarizing skills.  You all seemed to do better with the note template that we used on Monday morning.  There's another method of note taking, called "Cornell Notes."  You might find this easier to use.  Please look at the outline and sample notes using the Cornell notes style.

http://lsc.cornell.edu/LSC_Resources/cornellsystem.pdf






Now, go back to your summary from Wednesday, October 8th "On the Art of Choosing." Try listening again using the Cornell notes template (I will give you one to use) to take your notes and create your summary.  Please remember to include only the main ideas. You also need to put the summary into your own words.  You can use your previous summary to help you, but you may find it easier to start fresh with the new notes.  

When you're finished, I would like you to submit your previous summary and this week's summary for feedback.   For those of you who have just joined us, you'll only need to submit this week's summary.

http://www.ted.com/talks/sheena_iyengar_on_the_art_of_choosing?language=en&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_content=awesm-publisher&utm_medium=on.ted.com-facebook-share&utm_campaign=&awesm=on.ted.com_e0SUb


Here's the link to register for the Communication in the Workplace for Internationally Trained Professionals:





Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment