Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Wednesday, January 6th, 2016


Good afternoon and welcome to my CLB 7/8 blog!  

I'm excited to work with all of you this term on developing your listening, speaking, and pronunciation skills. On the right side of the blog, you'll find some 'Useful links.'  I'll update these when I get to know you a little better, so they reflect your needs. 

This afternoon, I would like to collect a little more information about your skills.  First, I would like you to record a short introduction where you tell a little bit about yourself and your goals (language, professional, academic, etc).  Please only share what you're comfortable with.  On your computer, you will find a program called 'Clarity Recorder.'  The icon looks like this:

Please record yourself and then save your file using this format :

YourName_069012016.mp3 (For example: Kim_06012016.mp3)

If you have any difficulties, I'll be happy to help you.  Once you've saved your file, please email it my Mohawk email account (you will find it on your class schedule).

Next, I'd like you to listen to a podcast and write a one-paragraph summary of the main ideas of what you've heard.  Please type your paragraph and email it to me with the same format (name/date). Don't forget to include the title of the podcast you've chosen.  

Choose any topic that interests you from this website: 

BBC 6 Minute English

Finally, please here's the link that we looked at together this morning.

5 Essential Listening Skills

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment