Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wednesday, September 10th, 2014

Good afternoon CLB 7/8,


Welcome to Kim's CLB 7/8 blog!  You will notice that there are some helpful links on the right side to help you. I will add to these over the semester. You can use the blog when we're in the computer lab, but also when you're at home.

I hope you all learned some useful information about the college this morning.  Once you've recorded your short speech on culture clash, I'll share the recording with you.  Please remember that I won't share it with anyone else, but it can be very useful for helping you to identify areas of strength and weakness.

Next, go to the following website, "BBC: 6 Minute English" and choose a podcast that interests you.  Once you've listened to it, write a brief summary of what you've heard.  Make sure to use your own words. Do not use any direct quotes.  Also, don't forget to include the title of the podcast you've chosen.  Your writing is due at the end of the class. Please include your notes when you submit your writing (They don't have to be neat. I just want to see how you take notes).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/general/sixminute/

Please email your writing to me or alternatively, you could share it with me using Google Drive (if you know how to use it)  If you would like to know how, I'd be happy to show you.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment